Coalhouse Fort Engine House
Coalhouse Fort is a Victorian Artillery Fort guarding the mouth of the Thames. Built in 1861 on a defensive site dating to the early 1400s, the current fort was fitted with electrical generators in the 19th Century.
The Engine House has recently been refurbished to provide new Visitor facilities, including Café, Toilets and the Ranger’s Office.
MTA assisted the project Architect, Rena Pitsilli-Graham and Structural Engineers, The Morton Partnership, providing M&E advice and a performance specification for the mechanical and electrical installations.