St Alfege, Greenwich
St Alfege is the first of Hawksmoor’s London Churches to be built under the Fifty New Churches Act of 1711.
Application for funding from the National Lottery to bring the Church back into use for the people of Greenwich was successful and ‘The Heart of Greenwich: Place and People Project’ was brought about.
The M&E elements of the project were to improve accessibility to the church through use of lighting and floodlighting, installation of improved WCs with disabled access.
The works were completed in July 2020.
Location: Greenwich, London
Client: The PCC of St Alfege
Martin Thomas Associates were appointed to undertake all the Mechanical and Electrical Consultancy Work, namely in a full design and construction stage monitoring role.
Stripping out of existing redundant installations
Wiring to new installations
Internal lighting to Crypt
Internal lighting & Emergency
Lighting to other areas of church
Small power and data installations
Public Address System in Crypt
Improved visitor facilities
Download: St Alfrege Church