St David’s Cathedral

Brief Description
The present cathedral dates from 1181 but there has been a monastery on the site since the 6th century. St Mary’s Hall was built in 1365 originally as a college. Latterly it has been used as a ‘church hall’ providing teas etc after services and to hold small exhibitions of local art. The cloister project, which is partly lottery funded, involved rebuilding the previously ruined cloisters and converting St Mary’s Hall into a wonderful café facility with the floor area being increased by the insertion of a mezzanine floor. The rebuilt cloisters house education rooms, toilets, a Treasury exhibition and vestries.

Project Details
Location: Pembrokeshire
Client: Dean & Chapter
Value: £2.2m

Professional Services
Martin Thomas Associates were appointed to undertake all the Mechanical and Electrical Consultancy Work.

Services Include
Power Supply
Distribution
Internal Lighting
External Lighting
Small Power
Fire Alarm and Detection
Security Installation
Communication Systems
Comfort Heating System
Hot and Cold Water Services
Water Supply
Kitchen Facilities
Mechanical Ventilation