WE ARE RECRUITING
We are currently looking for:
Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
Intermediate to Principal Engineer
We are now looking for bright and enthusiastic Engineers to join our award-winning team. Please contact us for more information or send your CV directly.
Based on the edge of the New Forest National Park, close to Southampton, we work on high profile and important buildings throughout England and Wales and have a national reputation for quality and expertise.
Regardless of your experience and level, you will be part of a team that not only delivers first class engineering solutions while reducing impact on the environment but does so in the uniquely challenging Historic Buildings sphere.
Since the inception of the practice in 1998, we have successfully completed in excess of 700 projects, 70% of which have been undertaken in listed buildings, scheduled monuments and UNESCO world heritage sites, meaning an interest in historic buildings is a core skill.
Key responsibilities will include the design and specification of mechanical or electrical building services systems. The role will include surveys, reports, inspections, and project management. You should possess good communication and IT skills. Familiarity with the following software packages would be helpful but training will be given if needed: IES Virtual environment, AutoCAD, Dialux, Relux, and Amtech. Intermediate and design engineer roles will mean you will generally be working to support a more senior Engineer, although the opportunity to lead your own projects will be available as you develop.
More senior roles will include client and practice development and offer the opportunity to develop your career to Director level over the next few years.
No matter what level you are when you join us, you will be an integral part of the team and will be encouraged to offer advice and guidance to other team members in your particular sphere of expertise as well as enjoying the same support from other members of the team.
- Technical ability
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional development in all areas
- Ability to produce designs in unique buildings under supervision and work independently as appropriate
- Awareness and understanding of other disciplines
- Project management
- Aware of agreed times scales and able to work to deadlines
- Team ethos
- Appreciate the importance of clients, architects, and other design team members
- An interest in and understanding of Historic buildings, their context and importance
You should offer
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject, or HNC with appropriate experience
- 3 year’s Building Services Consultancy experience (Intermediate/Design roles)
- 5 year’s Building Services Consultancy experience (Senior roles)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Understanding of project co-ordination
- Ability to prioritise own work loads
- Self-motivated mindset and willing to learn
- Initiative to work independently, as part of a team
- Understanding the need for consistent standards
- Ability to think and design in three dimensions
- The opportunity to work and live in an area of outstanding natural beauty offering unrivalled sporting and recreational facilities
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus 3-day office closure over the Christmas Period)
- Core and Flexible working hours
- Death in service benefit
- Institution subscription fees paid
Martin Thomas Associates Ltd,
MTA are committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. Accordingly, policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less than favourable treatment on the grounds of age, sex, background, opinion or any other personal characteristics.